Cryptocurrency Course For Beginners
This course aims to introduce you to the exciting world of blockchain and cryptocurrency.
Learners will be guided to get on-board the blockchain and cryptocurrency space through hands-on activities and live demonstrations such as creating your own Bitcoin wallet, steps and requirements needed to register on a cryptocurrency exchange.
- Understand how blockchain and cryptocurrency work
- Explore the blockchain and cryptocurrency scene in Singapore and be aware of the latest updates and developments such as in the innovation and regulatory space
- Kickstart your journey in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space through hands-on activities and live demos such as creating a Bitcoin wallet and guide to registering an account on a cryptocurrency exchange
- What is cryptography?
- What is blockchain?
- What is cryptocurrency?
- Introduction to the world’s top 2 cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin & Ethereum
- Introduction to consensus mechanisms
- Current blockchain innovations and initiatives in Singapore
- Singapore blockchain scene: Associations, job portals and trade groups to take note of
- Setting up your own Bitcoin and Ethereum wallet on blockchain
- Hands-on activity: Step-by-step guide to creating your own Bitcoin and Ethereum wallet
- Guide to purchasing your first cryptocurrency
- How to sign up an account on a centralized exchange – general information needed for the registration process
- How to buy & sell crypto in Singapore
- Keeping your crypto assets safe: The importance of security
- Intro to crypto trading
- Introduction to exchange trading interface – what is a trading book, what is market buy/sell, what is limit order
- Intro to staking
- Intro to Defi
- Current trends in the blockchain & crypto industry
- Barriers to adoption
- Future outlook for cryptocurrency and blockchain
*Course outline is non-exhaustive and serves only as a reference. There may be updates made to the actual course content and flow based on learners’ requirements and feedback
Anyone who is keen to jumpstart their journey in cryptocurrency & blockchain
Learners need to have at least 1 working laptop with internet connection. No credit or certification prerequisites required to take this course.
Unfortunately, this course is not a funded course.
If you have a group of 5 pax minimum, please leave a comment with your preferred date and time as we can open a customized session for you and your friends.
Alternatively, our sales team will arrange with you on the next available date.
Yun Han Wong
Yun Han is the founder of The Block School, a blockchain and cryptocurrency consultancy which has conducted over 500 classes. Having been in the blockchain industry for over 5 years and counting, Yun Han has interviewed over 30 blockchain project founders in sectors including payments, banking and credit lending. Yun Han holds an Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) certification and an International Certificate in Investor Relations (ICIR).
An enthusiast and advocate for Blockchain technology & virtual assets with over 3 years of experience in the Blockchain space, where he scaled 2 Fintech companies globally and advised on regulatory compliance for MAS licensing. Shawn also holds a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) and is the Director of a MAS regulated major payment institution.