Blockchain is the potential next wave of technology revolution to disrupt the way business transactions are conducted. Governments and large corporations are rolling out blockchain initiatives and solutions. It is important for you to keep current on this emerging technology. In this course you will learn about the blockchain technology, analyse the use of it in different business contexts and how to implement blockchain for your business.
- What is Emerging Technology?
- Overview of Emerging Technology Landscape
- Key Trends in Emerging Technologies
- Blockchain Essentials
- History of Blockchain
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- Consensus Mechanisms
- Blockchain Use Cases
- Distributed Ledgers
- Smart Contracts
- Finance Industry
- Healthcare Industry
- Education Industry
- Other Prominent Industry Sectors
- Organisational Impacts and Considerations From Blockchain
- Blockchain Limitations and Barriers
- Business Decentralised Canvas
- Business Implementation Proposal Summary
- Investigate and document emerging technologies applicable for business
- Use a framework to assess and adopt emerging technologies for use within business operational processes
Exclusive issuance of Non-fungible token (NFT) Certificate upon course completion and will be recorded on OpenCerts.io
Minimum Entry Requirements:
This course is applicable to anyone who is keen to know about emerging technologies. As the course is about applying emerging technologies to a business operational process, the learner should be currently working or has worked before to give him a business context for his learning.
In addition, the learner should be:
- at least 21 years old
- either completed at least secondary education or able to speak, listen, write, and read English at a minimum proficiency level of the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualification Workplace Literacy Level (WPL) 4
Yun Han Wong
Yun Han is the founder of The Block School, a blockchain and cryptocurrency consultancy which has conducted over 500 classes. Having been in the blockchain industry for over 5 years and counting, Yun Han has interviewed over 30 blockchain project founders in sectors including payments, banking and credit lending. Yun Han holds an Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) certification and an International Certificate in Investor Relations (ICIR).
An enthusiast and advocate for Blockchain technology & virtual assets with over 3 years of experience in the Blockchain space, where he scaled 2 Fintech companies globally and advised on regulatory compliance for MAS licensing. Shawn also holds a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) and is the Director of a MAS regulated major payment institution.
With more than 20 years of experience in global senior management roles, Kevin is an innovative and business-saavy professional and trainer who actively coaches start-ups. He is currently pursuing a Doctorate Degree in Business Administration, Management and Operations, while holding an MBA in International Management, MSc in Electrical Engineering, and a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).